Monday, July 7, 2014

Ooh Child (a poem)

One song, chosen for this very moment
            blaring loud…

Ooh, ooh child
things
are gonna
get
easier

alone, just me and the road

adrenaline,
                        speed,
                                                mixed fear and peacefulness
take over all reasoning –

expectation and momentum build
lift off - at the crest of the hill

a split second of air
between the tires and

 the ground

Ooh, ooh child
things will be
brighter

the view - breathtaking
of gold and
fire -red
of apple-green and
dusty brown leaves of fall

then I am falling,
            landing,
                        realizing
                                    but mostly hoping
that everything
            is going to be
                        okay

I am safe
            grounded
untouched
            unscathed

I can go on, right?
I can, really.
I can, are you sure,
go on?

I think I can.


Some day, yeah
we’ll get it together and we’ll get it all done

Some day
when your head is much lighter

Some day, yeah
we’ll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun

Some day

when the world is much brighter

No comments:

Post a Comment