Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Belts: Becoming a Believer

Well friends, wearing belts was something I NEVER, and I mean NEVER did.  Years of awesome elastic waist bands kept me from needing one and tucking a shirt in was something I just didn't do.

BUT, the evolved me, has come to my senses and realized that The Belt, and yes I capitalized that, can accentuate you in all the right places. My elastic waist band pants have disappeared! Hallelujah!

My belting experimentation, as illustrated below:

Okay, bear with me because I am going to try to sound like I know what I am talking about.  If you know me well, you will likely laugh at me, but I am confident enough in the NEW ME, that I will take your laughter (and probably laugh with you!)  The picture, above, shows me wearing an army green tee under a button white blouse.  I am working a 1.5 inch brown belt and greenish/brownish cuffed shorts.  I am wearing reddish brown sandals from the Charlotte Russe outlet.  I like the way the belt falls on my hips.  Without the belt, the shirt just hangs and leaves an undefined shape. My head is cut off because until I figure out a way to take pictures of myself, my 7 year old daughter is in charge!

In the picture above, I am wearing a black blouse with flower accents, a grey, and might I add my new favorite, skirt.  It has a lot of texture and if you twirl in it, you kinda feel like you could be on the set of Dirty Dancing.  I am wearing a turquoise beaded belt (thanks Mom!) and black espadrille shoes with bows. 

In this third picture, I am wearing a long black and white printed blouse with black capri pants. I used a black belt that is 2 inches wide with this one.  I am wearing turquoise jewelry for a pop of color! (I love when people use that phrase, "pop of color!!!" It is hilarious and I will use it often to sound cool...you try it...say it out loud...I AM ADDING A POP OF COLOR!  Fun, right??

Notice the difference between the picture above and this one below WITHOUT a belt...looks better WITH the belt, right?


So, there you have it...I am now a belt believer and I feel that wearing a belt instead of hiding under an untucked shirt can be a fantabulous, yes I said fantabulous, way to draw attention to all the right places!

2 comments:

  1. I like the black and white shirt with the belt the most. Do you have any skinny belts to try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Annemarie! I actually do! Just bought 2 skinny belts to try out...check back soon!!!

    ReplyDelete